Effective December 2017
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We, us and our refer to Henley Educational Trust (registered Charity Number 309237).
We operate the following website: www.henleyeducationaltrust.com
The data controller is Henley Educational Trust.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site, by completing a paper application form or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you:
- use our site
- apply for a grant from us
- send us any follow up request or information
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, information about your children and family members and information relating to your income, welfare benefits and family expenditure.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if your application to us is supported by a third party, for example, a school, teacher, Nomad, or a club.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information to consider your application, to provide you with information about the progress and the acceptance or refusal of your application and, if successful, to provide the financial support which you have been awarded.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes of considering your application.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information to administer our site.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group of Trustees, each of whom has been made aware of their obligations of confidentiality;
- Selected third parties including:
- suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example, our cloud service provider and auditors;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or other agreements entered into with us; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our Trustees or others. This includes exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of child protection or fraud protection.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers located in the UK. This is a cloud service hosted for us by Microsoft Inc. Any paper applications are shredded after scanning and storage on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted by email or to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for so long as is necessary to administer your application and for so long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
You have the right to:
- access any personal data we hold about you and we will provide details of the purposes of the processing, the types of personal data we hold and the people to whom your personal data has been disclosed;
- have inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified or to restrict the processing of personal data whilst the accuracy is checked;
- have personal data we hold about you erased provided it is no longer necessary for the purposes it was collected; and
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you have a concern about your personal data: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.